a brief excerpt

"If the Church's worship is faithful, it will eventually be subversive of the culture surrounding it, for God's truth transforms the lives of those nurtured by it"

- Marva Dawn

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Fiddler on the Roof

After a few beautiful days of sunshine, warm weather, reading books at the beach, etc. Today is very rainy, and while I am writing this post, I am watching a classic; Fiddler on the Roof. It is a 3 hour movie an I am at 2 hours and 8 minutes right now. And I think I am really enjoying it. Of course the movie is about 35 years old, and you kind of have to be in to the musical type of movies, but it is a good watch.

So I have been done with my first year Redeemer for 2 weeks now. and it has been great being able to not have to worry about essays, finals and assignments. All of last week my brother and his wife were here, it was really good to see them again after 10 months. All week long we went from here to there all week long, concluding in a day in Toronto on friday. I have really fallen in love with that city over the last year. In the summer I went there with my cousin, in the fall I went there for the Toronto Missions Trip, and several times throughout the year I have made short stops there for several reasons. I think I can say for sure after all these years that I enjoy living in cities. Don't get me wrong, I love being outside and out of urban areas, however, There are some cities that have my heart, Toronto being one of them. So that friday night we also went to the Blue Jays game, which the Jays won 13-3 against the Angels. I love high scoring games!

As I briefly mentioned, the first few days of this week I have really been enjoying the beautiful weather, everydayI biked to the lake and enjoyed the sun, read some books and just walked around and enjoyed life. It is great to be a bit lazy at the moment. I don't start working until next week friday, that's when I'll be heading to Redeemer for 5 weeks to work for Food Services once again. When all that is over I'll go home to Barrie for a week and than I'll start working at Scott Missions Camp for the rest of the summer.

But, know I am going to give my full attention to the Fiddler on the Roof once more, because the movie is done in 30 minutes. I hope all of you have been enjoying your summer so far.

God bless, Willem
Back to the Fiddler!

1 comment:

kyle and ade said...

hey buddy.
Hope the last 52 minutes (?) of the movie were as good as the first 2.08 hours! Back to redeemer so soon eh:)!! Have a good time...I cnat wait to go back..another sweet year to come:)