a brief excerpt

"If the Church's worship is faithful, it will eventually be subversive of the culture surrounding it, for God's truth transforms the lives of those nurtured by it"

- Marva Dawn

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Remarkable

This morning a long time friend of mine walked into the library - it is remarkable how the presence of a friend can encourage someone.

Yesterday, I needed to hear something specific - it is remarkable how encouraging and godly words of friends can be without them knowing

I think a lot, in fact I worry a lot, sometimes this is warranted sometimes it is not - it is remarkable how God's plan trumps my worrying

1 comment:

Matt said...

... this made me think of community again.

the presence of others in our lives makes such a difference.

I look forward to seeing you soon