a brief excerpt

"If the Church's worship is faithful, it will eventually be subversive of the culture surrounding it, for God's truth transforms the lives of those nurtured by it"

- Marva Dawn

Thursday, July 27, 2006

1 and 1

So, exactly one year and one day ago, I left the Netherlands and changed countries. My time in Canada has been very blessed, times with family, people at Redeemer, and God's plans for my summer are all part of the reason why this has been and still is such a blessing.
Today I am also halfway through my employment at SMC. It has been a really different experience, God is teaching me a lot, about His word, our mission and so many other aspects of life. In the weekends I am really tired, but it is really worth it, living on SMC property is some sort of new separate reality. Being away from the busy world is an amazing, but sometimes difficult thing. Therefore, also my apologies if contact with me has been very rare over the last 4 weeks. Saturday Session 3 is done again. And for me there will only be 3 sessions left. I ask that you would continue to pray for me and for all the other people at SMC, because God is doing miracles here. In a later part I will share some testimonies about everything here.

God bless, Willem

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey,

wow, 1 year and 1 day...that's a long time allready, but also very short, strange how time works, isn't it? It's great to hear about your time at SMC, God is definately working in this world, in great and in smaller things. At the moment my faith lives mostly through hearing other peoples testimonies, which doesn't mean that it's only a sleeping faith I have right now, it's very much alive and active; I'm learning how God works by giving every believer a family of believers to share their faith and their lives with...He's truely a great God! I pray that you will find the energy and the wisdom to work for our Lord the next couple of weeks at SMC and of course I would love to hear from you soon, but if it takes a while before you get the chance, that's okay,

blessings,

Sanne