a brief excerpt

"If the Church's worship is faithful, it will eventually be subversive of the culture surrounding it, for God's truth transforms the lives of those nurtured by it"

- Marva Dawn

Sunday, August 06, 2006

well...

Well, life just keeps on going. Before I knew that I had started my job at SMC, I only have 2 weeks left. The coming week is youthweek and should bring some completely new challenges. The last week have been filled with many challenges that varied from dealing with broken families, breaking up fights, very very bad language, disrepect for women, disrepect for God, trying to be a strong example of a Christian, trying to stay energized with a lack of sleep, being a sort of a father figure for some campers. However, my weeks are also filled with, awesome devotions, learning to dunk, great food, leading campers to Christ, challenging campers during devotions, finally making a breakthrough with a certain camper, scoring amazing goals in soccer, doing a high ropes course, meeting new people, making new friends, I could go on for a long time.

Yes, God is providing in my life. Only 26 days from now I am returning to Redeemer. And after about a week of planning and meeting, my second year will finally start. I have in recent days aquired 3 new things that should make my life at Redeemer even more comfortable. Just before I left for SMC, I picked up a cheap bike at a garage sale (oh yah!) On friday I bought myself a MP3 player. I finally gave in to the rage (see picture) 6GB and it is alrady half filled 2 days later. And today I picked up a free BBQ that was standing lonely on a nearby street, so know this everybody DORM 36 now has a BBQ to go with their porch out back!

(My new addition to my personal gear, I feel a bit greedy buying something like that, but it is pretty cool)

Well that is it for know, God bless, Willem

2 comments:

Josh said...

good to hear things are going well willem. keep scoring them amazing soccer goals! later

Katrina VandenBerg said...

ummm... i think i smell back yard bbq's in store for dorm 36 and 37! ill bring the cow you bring the coals.