a brief excerpt

"If the Church's worship is faithful, it will eventually be subversive of the culture surrounding it, for God's truth transforms the lives of those nurtured by it"

- Marva Dawn

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Well, we are still in Thunder Bay

We are still rockin' it in Thunder Bay. Well it is Thursday now, and Sunday our first youth are coming. So, basically things really need to come together now, and I'll tell you something they are coming together. However, since I started typing this blog about 2 hours ago, someone has cancelled on me for monday, but that is part of my job, and I think I can figure it out for Monday. So to give you a bit more detail my job in the last 2 weeks. This is what I have been doing.

A lot of business like...
*Trying to schedule about 20 meetings with ministry contacts
*Having about 15 actual meetings with those contacts
*Trying to schedule all that stuff into a neat looking week
*Making, editing, and creating Directions, "crew books", notes, and much more to make other people understand all the ramblings that go on in my brain

On the less business said of my body and brain, I have been having lots of fun
*Having Root Beer Floats, or other Ice-cream creations
*Goofing of with my awesome staff
*Having many SB's DQ's TH's MCD's KFC's or other delicious snacks with awesome people
*Loving Jesus, and realizing that he did a much better job at a lot of things than even those things I think I am really good at.

Then between business and fun, God has been changing my life
*The weekend was really hard for me, I was feeling a bit down, and wondered why the keck I was in Thunder Bay of all places
*I also had one of those occasional desires that (unfortunately) pops up in my brain to decide how the rest of my life is going to look
*Meeting with a guy named Pastor Sky was a pretty good remedy to those kind of thoughts, hearing his story of trusting God, even when God brought him to T-Bay, where he now has an amazing vision to set up this youth centre and career area, for disadvantaged youth

And all of this just happened in a bit more than a week, seeing that God has about 8 more in store for me with YouthWorks! this summer, it will be quite the adventure.

2 comments:

Katrina VandenBerg said...

:) awesome!

liz said...

wow! sounds like you're doing a lot. keep up the good work and keep us updated. i love hearing about everything that's going on. keep looking up and forward...i'll be praying for you :o)