a brief excerpt

"If the Church's worship is faithful, it will eventually be subversive of the culture surrounding it, for God's truth transforms the lives of those nurtured by it"

- Marva Dawn

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A cool story

So, this is something worth blogging about. When I left for Canada about 2,5 years ago I met a few cool peopleat the Schiphol airport. One of them was wearing a Redeemer University College T-shirt. I ended up talking to them, and telling them I was going to be going there in September, however, they had just graduated, and so that was kind of it. I always saw this random meeting with a few random Redeemer people at Schiphol as a pretty cool confirmation of my move to Canada. At that time I was quite nervous about my move to Canada, and thus this was very encouraging for me.

About 2,3 years later I was thinking about this story, and thought that again about how cool it was that God had provided me with such a cool encouragement as I was about to move to Canada. So, I asked some of the people that I know have been around Redeemer for a bit and I found out that a couple of guys were travelling through Europe that summer. When asking
one of those guys who happens to be my prof. for my International Relations class I found out that he was actually one of the people I met at Schiphol - I think that is pretty cool.

1 comment:

David Koyzis said...

This is a great story, Willem. That's for sharing it!