a brief excerpt

"If the Church's worship is faithful, it will eventually be subversive of the culture surrounding it, for God's truth transforms the lives of those nurtured by it"

- Marva Dawn

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Denver, Thunder Bay, Toronto

Well, currently I am still getting ready, finishing my packing and tomorrow I am flying from YYZ (Toronto) to Denver for a week of training with youthworks. Then on Friday I am heading out to Thunder Bay to lead mission trips for 8 weeks after 2 weeks of preperations which we will start with in Thunder Bay when we arrive there. And when the mission trips start is going to be 8 weeks of craziness, I can't wait. I am working with 4 other people in Thunder Bay. Steve Dijkstra will be roomie for the summer which is super cool because, it is somebody I know and I have lead the Hamilton mission trip with him before. The other people on our team our my site director Jen Troelstra, Rachel Dunn, and Shannon Kelly. I don't really have an idea who these people are yet, but I am sure I will know them a bit better by the end of this adventure.

During my Youthworks experiene I'll try to keep this blog updated. I'll try to tell you stories of what God is doing in my life and in the lives of those around me. At the end of the Thunder Bay adventure we are going back to Toronto for a debrief (exit-ramp).

This summer is going to be different again, I am quite positive that I will miss people, Rachel for example. But, I get to serve God in a way that excites every inch of my body (sounds like Kuyper, that's scary). So I am excited about this adventure.

The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." - Numbers 6:24-26

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Vet gaaf die mission trip. Zullen voor je bidden, dat god zijn geest daar ook aanwezig zal laten zijn.
Maar willem je weet zeker dat je niet naar friesland gaat. Met die namen als dijkstra en troelstra.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you willem and for what God is going to do in and through you this summer... say hey to Shannon (sing promiscuis girl to her for me!) and Stevo and have an awesome summer dude, look forward to hearing all about it in the fall!