a brief excerpt

"If the Church's worship is faithful, it will eventually be subversive of the culture surrounding it, for God's truth transforms the lives of those nurtured by it"

- Marva Dawn

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

11:35pm

It just feels like on of those times that updating my blog feels like the natural thing to do. Today, was a good day! I was mainly busying with studying for my midterm and finishing my essay in Sociology 241 Crime and Deviance. However, other events included buying a ticket for Tom and Sarah's stag and doe, having coffee in the morning with Rachel, reading a few blogs, and having the weekly prayer meeting with Church in the Box prayer team.

The weekend was a pleasant one, especially the saturday. In the morning my roommate Steve and I went fishing with Dean Schat, this was something I bought at the hobbies for hiltop auction last year. After an intense morning of wrestling with 30 pound fish (we didn't get even a nibble), we went back to Redeemer. I went to Toronto with Rachel for the rest of the day, she had no clue were we wer going I of course did. We had a great day, talking, walking, laughing and whatever else you do during a day like that.

Us in a small park within the Sheraton hotel.
Sunset as seen from the CN tower, I had not been up there since I was 8 or something like that. (those are not UFO's they are reflections of light bulbs inside the CN tower)

The weekend past and monday came into being. When I entered the school just after 11am in the morning, I was curious to see what the business was all about. It was the annual book give away, and I greatly expanded my collection. Among the books I got was the three part "common grace" series in Dutch (Gemeene gratie) bij Abraham Kuyper (in great condition, from 1988), three other Kuyper books, the autobiography of Malcolm X, the Democratization of American Christianity, and some other books. It was a very pleasant suprise.

Now it is time to do some reading, God bless, Willem

No comments: